Celebrate Welsh Wine Week with Food Adventure! We’re festive folks, so – in the spirit of Welsh Wine Week – we’re hosting a vineyard tour at two of our favourite vineyards; near Abergavenny in Monmouthshire. Not only will you enjoy a tour of the two vineyards, but you will also have a tour of Wales’ First commercial winery and a wonderful Welsh wine tasting!
Welsh wines are finally coming into their own; Wales is fast developing a reputation for wines of excellent quality. Join us on a Wine Adventure to discover and taste award winning Welsh wine.
On our Adventure, you will visit 2 vineyards and sample at least 10 different wines which will include sparkling, white and red.
First we will visit Ancre Hill Estates, a family run nine-acre, biodynamic, multi-award winning vineyard. They have just completed building their own winery; the first commercial winery in Wales. You will have a tour with the owners of the vineyard, learn about their growing and production methods and taste at least 6 of their beautiful wines. After our visit to Ancre Hill, we will head to White Castle Vineyard . Here, you will enjoy a tour of the vineyard and learn all about the varieties planted. After the tour, sit back, relax , and enjoy a tutored tasting of their sparkling and still wine whilst feasting on a sumptuous lunch featuring the finest Welsh produce prepared by the award winning Plant2plate.
- 9:30 Arrival at White Castle Vineyard. Join us for a welcome cup of coffee and cake before we head to Ancre Hill
- 10:00 Travel by Mini Bus to Ancre Hill Vineyard. Carol will provide tips on what to do and see in the area
- 10:30 to 12:30 Guided tour of vineyard and winery and tutored tasting of wine
- 12:30 Hop on the mini bus and head back to White Castle
- 1:00 to 2:00 Enjoy a few canapés followed by a guided tour of White Castle Vineyard
- 2:00 Feast on a 3 course buffet style lunch whilst enjoying a tutored tasting of White Castle Wine
- Welcome Coffee, tea and cakes at the meeting point, White Castle Vineyard
- Mini bus transportation between White Castle Vineyard and Ancre Hill Vineyard
- Vineyard, winery tour, and tutored tasting at Ancre Hill Vineyard
- Vineyard tour, and tutored wine tasting at White Castle Vineyard
- Canapés and a 3 course buffet style lunch prepared by an award winning caterer featuring some of the finest Welsh produce
- Tasting of at least 10 glasses of Welsh wine
Transport to and from Abergavenny train station at an additional charge
White Castle Vineyard
White Castle Vineyard is owned by Robb & Nicola Merchant, it is situated in the beautiful rolling countryside of Monmouthshire in the village of Llanvetherine close to the towns of Abergavenny and Monmouth. The 5 acre vineyard is planted on a gentle south facing slope that is ideal for growing vines and ripening grapes for Welsh wine.
Wine Tour Photo Gallery
When & Where ?
Date – 23 May 2015
Time – 9:30 to 16:00
Meeting Point – White Castle Vineyard Llanvetherine, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 8RA
Website – www.foodadventure.co.uk
Twitter – @foodadventure
Price – £99 per person
Note: You must be 18 years or older to join this tour