Join Food Adventure on the beautiful coast of the Vale of Glamorgan for a Coastal Foraging Adventure!
The Foraging Adventure
Food Adventure are heading to the beautiful Welsh coast for a coastal foraging Adventure! The Welsh seashore and coast has some of the most wonderful wild food. On this coastal forage you will learn how to identify a wide range of shellfish and seaweed, such as shrimp, limpets, whelks, mussels, laver bread and gutweed. Not only will you learn what how to identify edible coastal foods but we will gave you tips and recipes on how to prepare and cook them as well.
The day will start at a 250 year old pub, The Pelican in her Piety for welcome tea and coffee. We will then drive in convoy to our foraging spot at Ogmore-by-Sea for our coastal forage while the tide is low to learn about all the wild foods that the Welsh coast has to offer. After our forage, it is back to The Pelican for a lunch featuring coastal wild food.
Please bring good outdoor clothes and shoes (wellies or sturdy walking boots) and be prepared for all types of weather!
Foraging Adventure Agenda
- 11:30 Arrive at The Pelican in her Piety for welcome beverage.
- 11:50: Dress for the weather and drive by convoy to foraging spot (about 1 mile)
- 12:00 to 2:00 Forage with Sasha
- 2:05 Head back to The Pelican for a 2 course lunch featuring Welsh mussels and other delights. We will also give lots of tips and recipes ideas on what to do with your foraged finds.
- 3:30 Day Ends
What’s Included ?
- Welcome tea or coffee
- Guided forage with Sasha Ufnowska
- A two course lunch featuring coastal foraged foods.
- Tips and recipes for your foraged finds
Sasha Ufnowska is a forager and bushcraft instructor based in Bridgend, South Wales. For the last 8 years she can mostly be found rummaging for edible treasures in the woodland, hillsides and coasts of South Wales. Find out more…
Cash bar during lunch.
Parking at the foraging site costs £2.00 for 0 to 2 hours. Parking is not included in the ticket price.
Saturday September 12th 2015 11:30 to 15:30
Meeting Point: The Pelican in Her Piety, Ogmore Road, Ogmore by Sea, Vale of Glamorgan CF32 0QP
Website – www.pelicanpub.co.uk
Twitter – @foodadventure